Join our team
Want a career where you can leave work knowing you made a real difference in the community? Well look no further, a career with Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation provides all that and more. Join our dynamic and growing non-profit and reap the benefits that helping others brings.
Currently Hiring a Career Development Specialist
This job listing for a Career Development Specialist is brought to you by Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation on behalf of our partners at Arizona Friends of Foster Care Foundation (AFFCF). Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation financially supports AFFCF’s Keys to Success program (KTS) in Yavapai County. The Keys to Success Program has been designed to help youth, in our county, aging out of the Arizona foster care system at age 18 with the preparation they need to identify a realistic, achievable career pathway and secure long term financial stability. Based on the premise that success can only be achieved through the identification of goals, the program provides each youth with a Career Development Specialist (CDS) who facilitates an in depth career exploration and planning process, and then connects youth to the education and/or training, employment, and community resources required to eliminate barriers. The CDS will be responsible for delivery of KTS services in Yavapai County.
Essential Functions Statements: These responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions required for this role.
- Use program resources and assessment tools to help youth identify their personality traits, skills, interests and values as they relate to exploring career options.
- Use assessment findings and the career interests of youth to explore several industries and occupations and help them discover the option(s) that most interest and suit him/her.
- Help the youth access a variety of resources that will allow them to compare and contrast employment options in their top two to three fields of interest.
- Once a career choice has been established the CDS will help the youth develop a detailed plan that will include the following:
- Identification of education and training needs
- Finding education and training
- Payment for school or vocational training
- Opportunities to gain skills through volunteer work, entry level jobs, internships and work-based learning
- Will work with youth, caregiver, KTS volunteer education specialist, current and or previous school or district and others on the Child and Family Team to locate transcripts, Individual Education Plans (IEP), or other education documents that are relevant to development of an education plan.
- Helps youth identify and achieve educational goals by identifying needs/gaps, as well as resources.
- Communicate and collaborate with DCS Case Managers and other members of the youth’s team while developing strategies and action steps for goal attainment.
- Provide ongoing support to youth to encourage achievement of goals and connect them to community partners and services that remove barriers.
- Follow-up with youth and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of resources and referrals.
- Conduct work readiness services and provide job search assistance.
- Assists youth as needed with collection of work documents (birth certificate, social security card, and photo ID).
- Creates an employment development plan with each youth that incorporates use of multiple resources.
- Assists youth with access to support services to secure and retain employment (transportation, clothing, tools, certifications, etc.).
- Develop a follow-up plan to provide job retention coaching, such as further skill development and workplace expectations and behaviors. As appropriate, coordinate these efforts with partnering businesses and company managers.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing contact with employment sources, such as businesses, industry representatives, and job placement agencies, by cold calling, targeted outreach, and networking.
- Make cold calls to potential employers; explain the benefits of employment support services provided to program participants and explore employer’s needs.
- Maintain on-going communication with employer partners to address any issues with current youth at the site and identify qualified candidates for available positions.
- Work with the program director to develop and implement an annual employment development plan that outlines goals, strategies, and action steps for employer engagement.
- Input accurate and complete data for all program participants Individual Service Plan (ISP) goals, strategies, actions, and contacts with youth into KTS database.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Services or related field required. A minimum of 5 years of experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- A minimum of one year of previous employment development experience preferred.
- Experience in dealing with clients possessing multiple barriers to education and employment attainment preferred.
- Ability to advocate for the interests of the youth and navigate complex systems.
- MUST be willing and able to travel throughout the service delivery region to provide services.
- MUST have a Level 1 Finger Print Clearance card and clean driving record.
Full time position – 32 hours a week
Pay – $23 an hour with mileage reimbursement
Benefits – medical, holiday and paid time off, and short and long term disability
To inquire about this position, please the Keys to Success Program Director:
no jobs posted?
You can still send your resume to Mona@yavapaiCASAforkids.org. We'll keep it on file and contact you when a new position or internship opens that you qualify for.